We realise that looking for a new home can sometimes be a lengthy and stressful experience. Current market conditions have not made the process easier as there is a well publicised nationwide shortage of affordable rental accommodation. It has become normal protocol for ‘block viewings’ to occur, this is where multiple viewers are looking round the same property within an allocated time slot. To ensure the procedure is fair to all parties, should we receive multiple applications for the same property immediately after the block viewing we will put the details forward for the landlord to decide.
In order to give yourself the maximum chance to secure a property swiftly please consider the following points:
- Register your details with our lettings team early. An ideal time to register is 6 – 8 weeks prior to your ideal moving date.
- Be as flexible with your property search criteria as possible. Supply us with your ‘wishlist’ regarding search area, number of bedrooms, budget, furnishings, moving date although please consider if you could be flexible in order to secure a property swiftly.
Once you have found a suitable property you will need to submit application forms and pay an administration fee to reserve your new home, the administration fees are as follows:
One person - £250
Two people - £400
Three persons - £450
This fee covers our administration procedures and acts as a holding fee, subject to the landlord’s approval of your application. Should you withdraw from the tenancy it will not be refunded. Should the landlord or Guardian not wish to proceed with your tenancy the admin fee will be refunded minus £50 to cover our expenditure. Please ensure you notify the negotiator of any additional requests/ changes you wish to make to the property at this point to avoid confusion at a later date.
Some important information
- You will be asked to sign an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement it will have a standard term of twelve months. Unless otherwise agreed you have the right to serve two rental months’ notice anytime after month 4 should you require, as does your landlord.
- You will be asked to sign our prescribed information. This contains very important information as to where your deposit is held and details of our Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Upon move in date of a managed property you will collect a full, detailed inventory. You will be given the first fourteen days of your tenancy to amend and submit.
- You will be asked to pay one month’s rent in advance and deposit equal to the one months rent (unless otherwise stated) in cleared funds.
- We will supply you with a Gas Safety Certificate & Energy Performance Certificate prior to your tenancy commencing.
- You will need to pay your rent via standing order; we will supply you with our bank details. In most cases the rent due date will be the date you moved in, rent is paid per calendar month on the same date each month.
- If you wish to add additional tenants throughout the tenancy with the landlord's agreement, there will be an administration fee payable of £100.
- Most of our properties will be managed by ourselves, we are available to you between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00 am and 4:00 pm on Saturdays.
- If we are fully managing your property, we will carry out property inspections every ten to twelve weeks, which you will be notified of a week before. This is an overall assessment of the property taking note of the cleanliness, ensuring the property is being lived in normally and that no damage has occurred.
We look forward to hearing from you; please contact us on 01279 635685, or use the contact form.