Moving day

New Search

Tenancy agreement 

Prior to you starting a tenancy you will be required to sign an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement. This will usually be a digital document issued via DocuSign, which you can sign using a smart phone, PC or other tablet device. Once signed, this document becomes legally binding and in a court of law is equal to a traditionally signed printed Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement. Once the tenants have signed, the document is automatically forwarded to us and your landlord for approval and signature. All parties will receive a fully signed copy with attached PDF via email once the document is complete. This is only applicable if all tenants and landlords have email addresses. There are some instances where printed Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreements are still used.

The standard Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement has a parameter on twelve months from the tenancy start date with a break clause of two rental months notice, issued in writing, any time after month four of the tenancy, making the tenancy minimum six moths. Please ensure you read the agreement fully paying particular attention to the 'term' and 'break-clause' before signing.


Rent and Deposit

You will be required to pay your first months rent in advance and deposit prior to moving in . The standard deposit requested is equal to one months rent plus £200 however this can vary dependant on circumstances. The balance will need  to be paid before your tenancy starts. 

Please be aware that you cannot use your deposit towards your rent at any point of your tenancy.

The deposit will be protected by TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme) within 30 days of it being paid. The accompanying documentation will be issued to confirm its location and procedures for dispute.



Upon move in day you will be provided with a written inventory (applicable to managed tenancies). This is a detailed description of the condition of the property, the fixtures and fittings included and a cleanliness report. Once you have signed for and collected your inventory you will given a ten day period to submit any amendments using the form provided. This is to ensure transparency and prevents any disagreements at the end of the tenancy. 

We may check any amendments that are made and confirm in writing these agreed changes.


Changing the bills in to your name

 You will need to change the utility bills in to your name upon move in. We will explain the process in full when you reserve a property however please see some useful links below to get you started:


Electricity - to identify the current supplier of your new property please click here - you will need the full address and postcode available. Once you have opening meter readings please contact the supplier directly.


Gas - to identify the current supplier of your new property please contact the Gas Network Identity Line on 0870 1600229. Once you have opening meter readings please contact the supplier directly.


Water - the supplier of Water in the Harlow and surrounding areas is Affinity Water - please click here to register.


Council tax - please contact Harlow Council Tax Office on 01279 446688 for all related enquires including banding enquiries and changing the council tax in to your name.



 A set of front door keys will be issued to every tenant over the age of 18 upon move in, usually back door and window keys will remain in the property and be listed on your inventory. Please request permission if you wish to cut additional keys.

Affiliated With
Save search for e-mail alerts?
Please choose " Yes " if you would like to receive email alerts when properties matching your search criteria become available on our website.
to Top
IE8 Alert! Cookie Alert!

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a modern web browser. More info